Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inspiration!

I have been inspired. I am in love and super excited to start sharing with you. What is this new found inspiration you ask? DIY Projects. I.am.in.love. I think this blog might start shifting in such direction so I hope you enjoy the ride!

My first project? Well... we just moved into a new house. A larger house, which is quite lovely in that I'm not running into walls constantly anymore but not so lovely in that we're a a little short on furniture. Although I've been drooling over the Ethan Allen catalog lately... I'm thinking the New Country Media Center would look b.e.a..utiful in my loft... I just can't quite bring myself to pay $5,000+ for an entertainment center. On to the new inspiration... ReStore by Habitat for Humanity and the GoodWill Store. I.love.them. They are my newest bestties.

Listen to me get carried away... entertainment centers. Something nice and pretty, dark wood with silver knobs. Yes, yes... this is what I'm dreaming of! Price... well... how about... $15. Um yeah.. I think that sounds fantastic. Not possible you say... let's see about that...

Here's what I bought:





Oh yes. I bought this lovely little dresser for $15. Wait, wait you say... I thought we were talking about entertainment centers. We are! Keep watching...





First we took all the drawers out. Then I decided it would work a little better and look more like it was intended to be an entertainment center if we took the middle shelf out, so we did just that!. We broke the lower drawers apart and used the wood to fill in the shelves. Some stripping, some sanding, some more stripping, some more sanding... yeah, yeah, you get the point: we put in some elbow grease time! Then for the stain...





Oh my, oh my... I.am.in.love. LOVE!!! Here's what it looks like with the pretty little silver knobs and sitting pretty in my new family room:





Like I said... love. The hubs and I were looking at a similar one at a local discount furniture store. They only wanted $600 for it. HA! I say, ha! I got mine for $60. Oh yes... you know you can picture my huge grin right about now.

Stay tuned... I have a whole house to play with and SO many ideas drifting around that I can't wait to get started! Next up? I believe a tour of the downstairs is in order!

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment