Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Musings

 

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

This little quote was waiting for me in my inbox when I got to work this morning. I’m thinking it was slightly miraculous that I noticed it at all. It was at the bottom of a very, very long e-mail filled with pictures of dogs. Not.my.favorite.email.to.get.in.my.work.inbox, like at all, like completely and totally find annoying.  Getting past that(!), the quote has stuck with me all day.

I have a fantastic job. I work as a paralegal at a national law firm. Instead of the typical things you would think of a paralegal doing, I do title work. Want to know who has owned that land your house in on since the beginning of time? I can help you with that! Sometimes I think it would be cool to go to court and other such fancy schmancy things that other paralegals do but it wasn’t meant to be. The job I have offers me a lot of flexibility with my schedule, hello to working from home when I need to, an decent amount of respect and all the over-time I could possibly want, or maybe, more likely, my bank account wants. So what’s the problem? Uh…. me. Me and my most unbecoming gripey, whiney attitude that I’ve had of late. Point blank, I don’t want to work. I thought I had this banked but as life tends to do, it threw me a pretty crazy curve ball, and it’s not in the cards right now. I haven’t figured out how to dance in the rain of the work storm just yet. I think I’m satisfied with just analyzing it for now. I did figure out a few other ways to dance today though…

Money. Oy… we got troubles ‘round here. That story can be for another day. The dancing comes from my love affair with coffee. I love me some coffee. Not normal hot drippitty-drip coffee mind you. I’m talkin’ the largest iced, I just drank how many calories (!!!), deliciousness coffee. I know you know the kind I’m talkin’ about. It’s the four dollars a gulp kind of coffee. The, holy crap I spent thirty bucks on coffee this week, coffee. Ok… pretty sure you’ve got the point. Anywho’s… I was perusing around on the Pioneer Woman’s blog a few weeks back and came across a recipe for iced coffee. (thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/06/perfect-iced-coffee/) (Hopefully I got that right and sorry if I didn’t give credit correctly. Had a blog for awhile but still have no idea how to use it!)  Um… you must try this. No really, really must try it. I haven’t been in a coffee shop in three weeks. My husband almost fell over when I told him that. I find it to be most delicious with plenty of sugar-free vanilla syrup, half-and-half and a couple good sized teaspoons (they might be more equivalent to tablespoon size, but I'm in denial about it right now) of sweetened condensed milk. Go, go right now, get the ingredients you don’t have, and make yourself some coffee concentrate. You will dance in the rain of your coffee money woes. I promise.

As a side note, I took some pictures of my coffee fun tonight but can’t post them. I can’t post them because I have no stinkin’ idea where the cord for my camera is. I have no idea where that cord is because my hubs moved it. I suppose since he moved it on account of his diligent cleaning of his desk that I’ve been begging him to tackle for some time, I really can’t complain, at least not too much. Besides, the Pioneer Woman takes much prettier pictures than I do.

I danced in the rain of life today by making cupcakes as well. I was coerced, ahem, I mean, asked to make cupcakes for a co-worker's baby shower luncheon on Friday. I love making cupcakes. They’re perdy and yummy and stress killing. I have the funniest mental picture ever right now, cupcakes with monster faces… the stress killing monster face cupcakes. Oy… the things that dance in my head. Tonight’s variety were of delicious chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream and bittersweet ganache. Oh me oh my…. so much for my work out this morning! I took pictures of the cupcakes too, but for stated reasons… perhaps I’ll post ‘em tomorrow. Perhaps also the chocolate cake recipe I use. I stole it from my cousin and you wouldn’t believe the things sour cream and pudding mix can do for a boxed cake mix!

This is how I danced today… how do you dance in the middle of the storms of your life?

Good Night!

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment