Monday, March 12, 2012

To my Dad -

As I watched you struggle and grapple with your pain tonight, my heart started breaking.  For what was, for what is and for what I fear will never be.  You have been my rock for so long.  Our times together haven’t always been perfect, but they are all treasured.  I love your sense of humor, the way you used to get us every April Fools’ Day with a new practical joke.  I love the way you attract people to you and your charismatic personality. 

Some of my most cherished memories are of you sitting in the burgundy arm chair, listening to me play the piano.  I can never express how deeply grateful I am to you for pushing me and creating within me a love of music.  For the way you taught me to truly feel music instead of plunking down notes.  I wish, for you, I had pursued this passion you helped build further.  Know that I always play with you in mind. 

I found a new song that speaks so deeply to my heart.  I think you would like it too. The Fray - Be Still

I so desperately need you to fight this terrible disease.  I need you here to listen to me.  I don’t want to play to the empty burgundy chair.

I love you now and forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment