Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Letter

Dad -

Another thing I remember and will always cherish is your passion in the kitchen.  I know you haven’t enjoyed it the same way since your brain injury but I need to remember it the way it was during my childhood.  I loved watching you decorate cakes with your expert precision.  It still makes me chuckle thinking about you telling the story of making a perfect meringue with salt instead of sugar.  I don’t think you know but you inspired my love of all things cooking related.  Today, you are my favorite helper in the kitchen when James and I host family dinners.  While everyone else drives me crazy standing around my island and right in front of the sink and stove, you quietly pick up whatever needs done and effortlessly make it happen.  I love you so much for not complaining about peeling potatoes. Open-mouthed smile

I feel like we’re losing you so fast.  Please wait… I’m not done making memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment