Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ears and Mouths

I have decided that the worst thing in the world, beyond an absolute doubt, is having a plugged ear. It's down-right terrible. Hmph! Let's go right ear, I'm sending out the message loud and clear, Come Unplugged! Please.... pretty please..... pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?!?!?

Um yeah... it didn't work, go figure!

So... my issue of the heart of lately is my job. I know I've mentioned before how much I hate it so I won't go into detail on that anymore than to say that I still really, really really hate it. It's actually the sub-issue that is on my heart. My hatred for the job probably boarders all-consuming at times and it's really starting to affect a few other things. My husband is amazing. I know he is tired of hearing me cry and complain about it but he just keeps listening. I'm torn between feeling angry with him (due to him having two bachelors degrees and having not gotten a good job yet) and feeling guilty. I'm a not a nice person when I'm really upset about something. I seem to have a knack for finding someone's personal torment button and pushing it repetitively. Bet you can't imagine what I do to him when I'm really upset about the job issue? Yep, I push the "Failed to find a better job and this affects my manhood and self-esteem" button. Ugh... I'm ashamed of myself for doing so and yet... controlling myself and keeping myself from doing it is so hard. I feel like the woman that Proverbs warns about when I'm doing something like that. Somebody tell my poor husband he'd be better off living on the roof of his house than with my mouth! This leads me to wondering why God gave us women such a terrible tendency to use our mouths for such bad things. I suppose it goes back to "free will" and having to make a choice and a conscience effort to live in a Godly manner. I'm hoping God's got a plan to fix this little "female glitch" before we get to heaven!

Now for some lighter things. I took Katie to the Children's Museum in Denver a few weeks back. I've been meaning to post some pictures on here of my beautiful baby for awhile. I suppose now is as good of a time as any!




There was a pretend veterinarian office set up in one of the rooms. I don't know why she looks grumpy, I promise she was having a good time!



Ah, what would our lives be without dress-up and dolls!



Katie decided she'd had ennough of me taking her picture at this point so she took my picture. Not too bad for a five year old, huh? I'm impressed!



She had a thing for these birds... not sure why.



These two pictures are in the "Nature" creative play area. We spent a ton of time here!



~Andrea

1 comment: