Monday, March 22, 2010

Updates and Ponderings

So... today is day 15 of me being on the HcG diet. It is fabulous! My mild hunger I had the first week has mostly subsided which is making it easier to be on the diet. I weighed in and took inches today. In two short weeks I have lost 20.6 pounds and 15.5 overall inches! Whoo hoo! And that about sums up how excited I am about all of this! In addition to all of this, I think my hormones are starting to get under control. I have a lovely little thing called PCOS. I have had a terrible time with acne for the past 10+ years. I have tried absolutely everything out there to help with it to no avail. It has been soooo frustrating. Guess what? My face and back have TOTALLY cleared up for perhaps the first time since I was a teenager. Not only am I super stoked about that but it is also giving me hope that my body may heal enough that we can get pregnant. That would be the ultimate accomplishment in my book.

My heart is pondering what to do with my little one and her education. She is in kindergarten in the local public school. It's not working out so well to say the least. She went into kindergarten knowing how to read, write, ABC's, count to 100+, and basic addition and subtraction. She doesn't want to go anymore because she's so bored. She came home a couple weeks ago and asked if I could do 1st grade with her over the summer so they would let her go to 2nd grade in the fall. *Sigh* What to do, what to do. We can't afford to send her to a private school. There is a charter school in town and she's been on the waiting list for two years now. Too bad there's 100+ kids on EACH grade's waiting list. I'm having a hard time with the unknown too. It's going to be a $200 investment in materials if I teach her over the summer and I have no idea whether or not they will actually let her move on. *Sigh* I want the absolute best for my daughter but I'm not too sure what direction leads to that right now.

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment